Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Rage Quit

I hate the term, but it has become a regular occurrence in our home.

According to the Oxford dictionary, to rage quit means:

VERB (rage-quitsrage-quitting; past and past participle rage-quitted or rage-quit)


Angrily abandon an activity or pursuit that has become frustrating, especially the playing of a video game:I tried to play it two different times and wound up rage-quitting both timeswe almost rage-quit while trying to get a couple of sandwiches and a pasta salad[WITH OBJECT]: I just about rage-quit that Metro game

How do I know this?

Well, my son will often get so frustrated with his video game that he will make silly noises, jump up and down, and even stomp off when he loses.

My daughter rage quits when trying to figure out technology when it is not cooperating.

And me?  I rage quit when I think I have disappointed others.  I pout.  I cry.  I say mean things about myself to myself.  But the worst part is, sometimes I say things I do not mean to those I love the most.  Unkept rooms, dirty dishes, and messy living rooms (things that, in the scheme of eternity are not that big of a deal) become gigantic issues when I am feeling this way.

The Scripture puts me in my place, however.

People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.





I have a lot of work to do, but I am very thankful that God never rage-quits on me...I just need to keep my eyes on Him.

Amberly


2 comments:

K and J Golden said...

Man, God could rage quit on me several times a day. I'm glad for Grace and for the type of love only he can give.

Hope Jacoby said...

"Thank you so much for useful information. It is an important topic for everyone. Keep sharing!!!
Regards,
Hope Jacoby"